- A person who wishes to apply for registration as an authorized land surveyor (ALS) shall submit his/her application in compliance with Section 13 of the Land Survey Ordinance (Cap. 473) (LSO). Applicants are required to complete the relevant application form and to submit all the required supporting documents and to observe the submission guidelines as given in the form. Applicants shall pay the prescribed fee for registration at the time of lodging their applications.
- The Land Surveyors Registration Committee will meet twice annually in June and December to consider applications for registration.
- For person who wishes to apply for reinstatement as an ALS under the relevant provisions of the LSO, please read LSA Circular No. 3/2015 for details.
Application for Registration as an ALS
The Land Surveyors Registration Committee is a statutory body established under section 6 of the Land Survey Ordinance (Cap. 473) (LSO). The functions of the Committee are:
- to establish and maintain a register of authorized land surveyors;
- to receive, examine, consider, accept or reject applications for registration, renewal of registration and reinstatement of names in the register;
- to examine and verify the qualifications of persons who apply for registration, renewal of registration and such reinstatement; and
- such other functions as are imposed or conferred on the Committee by or under this Ordinance.
The Committee is appointed by the Secretary for Development in accordance with section 6 of the LSO. According to section 7 of the LSO, other than the Chairman (who is the Land Survey Authority), a member of the Committee shall be appointed for such period not exceeding 2 years. The appointments of the current members of the Committee will last until 17 November 2023. The membership of the current Committee is as follows:
Mr. CHANG Kwok-fai, Deputy Director (Survey and Mapping), Lands Department
Ms. CHEU Yuk-yi, Authorized Land Surveyor
Mr. TANG Sze-kin, Authorized Land Surveyor
Mr. WOOTTEN lan Frederick, Authorized Land Surveyor
Mr. CHU Siu-ki, Assistant Director (Survey and Mapping), Lands Department
Mr. TSE Wai-kin, Chief Land Surveyor, Lands Department