Common Spatial Data Infrastructure
The Hong Kong Smart City Blueprint, announced by the Government in late 2017, formulates a strategic smart city planning and development in Hong Kong. One of the core infrastructure of the Blueprint is to develop Common Spatial Data Infrastructure (CSDI) to facilitate provision of geo-spatial data for supporting various smart city applications in government, private sectors and public. Lands Department provides technical support to the development and implementation of CSDI.
Spatial Data Management and Standards
Lands Department provides technical advisory and supporting services to the Government Bureaux/Departments (B/Ds) with an aim to achieve better quality, integrity, usability and interoperability of spatial data.
- Formulating and reviewing the CSDI spatial data standards;
- Overseeing the operation and management of the CSDI spatial data clearinghouse;
- Acting as the Data Agent of some of the CSDI Framework Spatial Data Themes to facilitate the Data Owners in preparing required spatial data in compliance with the standards; and
- Providing technical advisory services to B/Ds and the public in relation to the standards, interoperability and management of spatial data.
Common Spatial Data Infrastructure Platform
Lands Department develops, implements and operates the CSDI Platform and Portal to support the Government Bureaus/Departments (B/Ds), the academia, the private sectors, as well as the public in various smart city applications and development.
- Designing and implementing the CSDI Platform and Portal for B/Ds and the public;
- Acting as the System Administrator of CSDI Platform and Portal;
- Providing technical advisory services to B/Ds on interfacing with the CSDI Platform and provision and updating of spatial data and
- Reviewing and enhancing the CSDI services to meet the latest development open spatial data standards.
Common Spatial Data Infrastructure Platform Section
Survey and Mapping Office
|Tel:||(852) 3749 9683|
|Fax:||(852) 3741 2601|
|Address:||12th floor, Tsuen Wan Government Offices, 38 Sai Lau Kok Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories|