Building a Smart City with Spatial Data –
Promoting Smart Living and a Healthy Lifestyle in Hong Kong
(12 April 2021 – 30 June 2021)
The Challenge, which comprises two categories (Student Category and Open Category), is now open for entries. To support the visions outlined in the Hong Kong Smart City Blueprint, participants are invited to submit proposals for the improvement of community facilities such as hospitals, sports centres and homes for the elderly with the use of geospatial data on Hong Kong GeoData Store and other open data, thereby promoting smart living and a healthy lifestyle.
- Using 3D thematic maps and 3D spatial analysis to determine the optimal location of establishments such as sports centres and food stores;
- Applying route tracking, crowd control and pedestrian network analysis;
- Producing thematic maps, web map applications and store locators; and
- Many more innovative applications.
Join the Challenge to improve the living experience for yourself and the community! To submit your application, please email the application form and proposal to GeoSpatialTech_Challenge@landsd.gov.hk ! Your proposal should demonstrate the following:
- Gaps in your chosen field and the proposed solutions, as well as how your plan supports public administration, public services and government policies in the long run to promote public interest;
- Ability to introduce new creative elements;
- Innovative methodology; and
Your proposal should be confined to no more than 3 sheets of single-sided A4 paper. The text shall be of font size not less than 11 points and singleline spacing. Please refer to the details of the Challenge for more information.
- Cash prize of $15,000 for Champion
- Cash prize of $5,000 for 1st Runner-up
- Cash prize of $3,000 for 2nd Runner-up
- Cash prize of $3,000 for Champion
- Cash prize of $1,500 for 1st Runner-up
- Cash prize of $1,000 for 2nd Runner-up
For enquiries, please email GeoSpatialTech_Challenge@landsd.gov.hk or contact Ms. Kim Pun at Tel: 2231 3301 or Mr. Ricky Lam at Tel: 2231 3546.